Thursday, January 25, 2018

In Which I Step into the Blogosphere


I think, once upon a time, I had a vague idea about a fancy introduction post. Like starting with an allusion to one of my favorite books. Or with some very wise advice. Or with sparkles and glitter and pizza. But that plan went out the window, and now we have a simpler beginning.

I'm horrible with introductions, but I'll do my best. If you want a more in-depth introduction, you can check out the "Who am I?" page, or you can just stick around to find out more. 

I'm True. I'm a writer. I started writing when I was about nine, and finished my first "novel" when I was about ten. (And that book is a work best left forgotten. And maybe fed to a dragon. *shudders*) But since then, I've grown more serious about my writing. I do dabble in short stories and maybe some poetry once in a while, but usually, my work in progress is a longer work. 

A few other things about me: I'm a reader, and have been devouring books since I was young. I'm a dreamer. I'm a thespian - as in a theater person - and am often working on a show, be it on stage or backstage. I'm just a tad bit crazy (all the best people are - wouldn't you agree?). I'm a homeschooled student, and am currently in my junior year in high school. I like candy corn. And ice cream. I never got my Hogwarts letter, but I'm pretty sure it got lost in the mail. 

I've been stalking exploring the blogosphere for a few years now, and am finally taking the leap and starting my own blog. A lot of this will be trial, error, and experimentation, but most of all, I hope that it will be fun for both me and you, dear reader. 

I'll mostly focus on writer-ly or reader-ly things on this blog (because those are both fun and are both totally words - shh!), but since I have trouble sticking to schedules I set myself and rules I set myself, this may change or get switched up every once in a while.  

But voilĂ  - this is me, and I'm going on an adventure. I hope that you will join me as we journey to, discover, and conquer the unknown! 


20 comments:

  1. Oh, my gracious - your blog looks GORGEOUS, True! I'm dying over that header <3 <3 <3. I can't wait to see all of your blogging ventures, my friend! It's going to be epic *highfive*.

    ~ Savannah | Scattered Scribblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you again for your encouragement and advice in making this journey possible!

      Delete
  2. WELCOME TO THE BLOGOSPHERE!! I'm a relatively new blogger too and it's been such an amazing experience! Hope you really enjoy your new adventure! It's great to meet you ^.^ can't wait to see what the year has in store for you!!

    - lisa @ inkwell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lisa! It's wonderful to meet a new blogger, and very encouraging to hear that it's going well for you! Thank you for your welcome!

      Delete
  3. Hey, it's nice to meet you, True! And wow! We're really similar. Reader - check. Dreamer - check. Thespian - total yes! (It's awesome, isn't it?) Homeschooled - check. Phantom stalker of the blogosphere who finally took the plunge and started a blog - yep. :D

    I'm so excited to tag along with you, and I can't wait to see the awesome stuff you come up with. It's really encouraging to see another new blogger - way to go!

    Brianna | noendofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brianna! It's wonderful to meet you! It's cool to meet someone with similar interests here, as well as another person who has recently started a blog! (And yes, theater is amazing!) I'm so glad you came to see me off in this, and I hope to see you around!

      Delete
  4. Hey, welcome to the blogosphere! First posts are hard to write, but you did great! I'm also a reader/writer/dreamer/and graduated homeschooler. :D Not a thespian, though--my acting skills are horrible. XD Best of everything on your blogging journey, True!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Tracey! It's always great to meet another reader/writer/dreamer! And to tell the truth, I'm not always confident in my acting skills - I enjoy it and then my introvert writer side comes out and I like staying backstage. But it's fun. :)

      Delete
  5. Nice to meet you, True! And welcome to the blogosphere!

    YES! Book dragons over book worms all the way. I love your header so much!

    Hope you have a fantastic time being a part of the blogging world- can’t wait to see what’s in store!

    -Chloe
    www.books-baking-boots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too, Chloe! Thank you for your welcome. I know - book worm sounds so passive, whilee book dragon sounds more majestic, and more active!

      Delete
  6. Great intro! Welcome to the blogosphere! :) You've got a lovely blog and voice when you write, so I look forward to seeing what you accomplish <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abigayle! I know there's a lot I don't know about this new venture, but I look forward to learning! I hope to see you around the blogosphere!

      Delete
  7. This is one of the best intro posts ever. Also...WELCOME TO THE BLOGOSPHERE!!! I love your header with the dragons! I'm a big fan of HTTYD, so I love dragons. XD

    I can't wait to see new posts from you. You have agained a new follower.

    ~Ivie|Ivie Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivie! The header was fun to make, and the dragons just popped out to me. I really like dragons, but I've actually never watched How to Train Your Dragon before. I've heard many good things about it though, so maybe I will soon!

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's an amazing movie. Both of them are. And the series on Netflix is awesome, too. XD Dragons are just fun anyway.

      Delete
  8. Welcome to the blogosphere, True! This is a great first post, and I can't wait to see more of your writing!

    -Madeline
    towerofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Madeline! Thank you for the welcome - I hope to see you around the blogosphere!

      Delete
  9. Welcome to the blogging world! Is your name really True? That is so cool! Can't wait to see more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, my name is really, truly True! It's unique and I like it, but it does lead to mix-ups sometime. (And it's great for making puns, which can be a mixed blessing!)

      Delete
  10. Those dragons up there are seriously cool. And your name! I love your name too! :D I can't wait to see more posts. :D ( I just joined the blogging world too, BTW. Just a month ago and I love it. )

    D.G. Snapper | silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love to hear your thought and opinions, so feel free to drop a comment. I only ask that you keep it appropriate - anything vulgar or harmful will be removed. I do my best to reply to every comment, so make sure to check back!